Sunday 23 December 2012

5 days 4 nights at Koh Samui


We left for Koh Samui on 17 th Dec morning. After 1 hour 30 minutes , we landed at Koh Samui airport. The airport is similar to Redang and Krabi, simple but nicely furnished,  a must visit attraction is their aircon toilet.

The resort
At the Beach
Many many steps
We booked this trip through MISA website. I chose Centara Villas Samui resort mainly because of the reasonable price. Centara is an international hotel chain, range between 4 to 5 stars. There are also other Centara resorts in Koh Samui, each has it's own unique design. Centara Villas Samui is located further away from Lamai Beach, about 35 minutes away from the airport. It's a nice resort with good facilities ( total 3 pools and a private beach ) only problem is the steps, there are so so so many steps in the resort ( build on a cliff ) that we felt exhausted climbing up and down everyday. Restaurant, pools and beach are located all the way down while lobby and our room ( garden villa , a very small but cosy room ) are located at the top of the cliff. It's about 5 storeys high , imagine climbing up and down 3 times a day, good exercise after every meal. Resort also provides shuttle service to the 2 famous beaches, Chaweng and Lamai  Beach.

On the 1st day, we went to the nearby restaurant to have dinner. There are 2 Thai restaurants ( Fisherman Outlet and Barracuda ) located near the resort, about 10 minutes walk. Best to bring along a torchlight for safety reason. It's definitely cheaper to eat in the restaurants as compared to the resort. In total we had 3 meals at Barracuda. My favourite Thai food is the sticky mango rice ( dessert ).

On the 2nd day, both my foot suffered deep cuts when I plunged into the sea to swim and suddenly I was hit by the current. In front of me were huge rocks, to avoid hitting the rocks, I tried to "brake" using my leg. Sigh, I was too careless, I should have checked the surroundings and avoided the rocky areas.  The cuts were rather deep, even walking around posed a problem and imagine I had to climb up 5 storeys ! Day 3 is my MC day, spent the day sun tanning . Due to my injury we can't go golf, can't go snorkeling. We spent Day 4 swimming and massaging for him and body scrub for me.

Koh Samui is a great relaxing place for those who love the sea and the sun. We had perfect weather for the past 5 days. It's a pity that we can't go snorkeling at the 5 islands and playing golf. For our next Koh Samui trip, we will definitely stay at a golf resort.  

No comments: