Saturday 20 October 2012

Golf


My usual practice venue : Fairway Country Club
I started to attend Golf lessons in June 2012.  I pick up golf under ZH's influence, this is also a sport that we can continue even when we are promoted to senior citizens. Our ideal holiday is going to an island to play golf and snorkel. Hopefully we can do so in our Dec Koh Samui's trip. 


My coach is a Malay man, I have lessons with him once a week, duration 1 hour. At first I thought golf is not a strenuous exercise, but after knowing more about this sports, its not as easy as I think. I bought my golf set after attending 5 lessons. I must say golf is a sport that requires a heavy investment. I purchase my golf set at a discounted price, about $1100. My 1 to 1 lesson with the coach is $50 per session. Every 100 balls cost $5. Normally I will play 200 to 300 balls every session. In addition, golfers also need to purchase gloves , golf attire and golf shoes. 

Tering Bay @ Batam
Playing in the range and in the green is totally different. In September, we went to Batam's Tering Bay together with our coach and other students. Its a 1 day trip for 15 of us, the other 15 stayed on for another day to play with the pros. They are a group of experienced players. It was my first time playing in the green, it was a great experience and I had a good time. As we started rather late ( after lunch ) and due to the rainy weather, we only managed to complete 14 holes. Coach is very keen to accompany just the 2 of us to go to the green again, we are planning to go to JB Golf course during school holidays. 

No comments: